Monday, January 14, 2013

[JD's Take] Year Review 2012

Last year I (hopefully) suggested that the downward trend of my reading habits may be at an end. Sadly, that appears to not be the case. I've dropped to only 31 books this year, several of which were under 150 pages. In fact, my page count dropped from 14,545 to only 10,104! PATHETIC! I've... really gotta work on that next year! Also on reviews, the whole point of this site is so that I can remind myself if I liked a book I read many years ago, and I'm failing myself on that count. It might be time for another series of micro-reviews in the next couple weeks! Here's the short list:

The Immorality Engine George Mann
Moonraker Ian Fleming
Under Heaven Guy Gavriel Kay
Dreadnought Cherie Priest
Edge Thomas Blackthrone
Empire State Adam Christopher
Knights of Viljameer Mark Charan Newton
How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe Charles Yu
The Chronicles of Amber Book 1 Roger Zelazny
Emperor Mollusk versus the Sinister Brain A. Lee Martinez
The Guns of Avalon Roger Zelazny
Seed Rob Ziegler
On Rope Smith & Padgett
The Tree Climber's Companion Jeff Jepson
The Three Musketeers Alexandre Dumas
Rasputin's Bastards David Nickle
How to Archer Sterling Archer
Leviathon Wakes James S.A. Corey
Caliban's War James S.A. Corey
the strangers woes max frei
Left hand of God Paul Hoffman
Master and Commander Patrick O'Brian
The Rook Daniel O'Malley
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle
Range of Ghosts Elizabeth Bear
The Great Bazaar and other Stories Peter V. Brett
The Long Earth Pratchett
Red Shirts John Scalzi
An Election John Scalzi
The Islanders Christopher Priest
The butcher of Anderson Station James S.A. Corey

And let's just move on, nothing to see here.

No comments: